Hand Arm Vibration (HAV) and Whole Body Vibration (WBV) Assessment
The EC – Directive 2002/44/EC lays down minimum requirements for the protection of workers from risk to their health and safety arising or likely to arise from exposure to mechanical vibration.
There are two types of mechanical vibration:
Hand-Arm Vibration – comes from the use of hand-held power tools and is the cause of significant ill health (painful and disabling disorders of the blood vessels, nerves and joints)
Whole Body Vibration – transmitted through the seat or feet of employees who drive mobile machines, or other work vehicles, over rough and uneven surfaces as a main part of their job. Large shocks and jolts may cause health risks including back-pain.
ICAN Acoustics offers the following services:
- Hand Arm Vibration (HAV) exposure measurement and assessment;
- Whole Body Vibration (WBV) exposure measurement and assessment ;
- Testing and classification of powered hand tools;
- Testing and classification of vehicles;
- HAV and WBV risk assessment;
- Designing out HAV and WBV risks.
Why not watch one of our webinars on Hand Arm Vibration
The law on vibration in the workplace.
Click the following in to download an employer’s guide to HAV and WBV