It is globally accepted that transport noise is continuously increasing, with ongoing growth and related annoyance having a significant adverse effect on our quality of life. ICAN Acoustics can offer a variety of solutions to the mitigation of road, rail, shipping and air-traffic noise impacts.
- Accurate site measurements and prediction using internationally recognised methodologies;
- In-house 3-D noise prediction models (CADNA-A, and Insul) to model road traffic, light rail, heavy rail and air traffic;
- Investigation and modeling of noise sources including mitigation measures (barriers, road surfaces, speed restrictions);
- Critical review of EIS submissions;
- Traffic noise nuisance and annoyance investigation.
- PIEK programme noise testing. Methods of measurement for peak noise during loading and unloading.