The field of building acoustics consists of two disciplines:
- Room acoustics – sound generation within a room;
- Building acoustics – sound generation between rooms.
ICAN Acoustics offers customers and clients services which identify the sound/noise levels in buildings. We can also recommend the necessary mitigation techniques that would need to be carried out in order to eliminate any unwanted noise in the area being studied.
- Sound Insulation testing;
- Reverberation measurements;
- Prediction of reverberation levels at the early design stages and pre-construction;
- Specification of acoustic treatments at the design stages of a project or as part of remedial works;
- Speech Privacy measurement and assessment;
- BREEAM office performance standards advice and testing.